The Greek Welfare Centre provides a variety of programs designed to maintain and support the overall health and well-being of older people in the community, as well as engage youth and families to increase their social networks, encourage their participation in fun activities and provide opportunities to enhance their individual creativity within a welcoming environment.
Download a copy of our programs here:
Art & Craft Group
Our Arts and Craft class meets monthly on a Wednesday and is facilitated by our dedicated volunteer Jill.
- Opportunity to socialise and interact
- Enhance and share your creativity
- Relaxing fun atmosphere
- Learn new skills and create
Carer Support Group
Carers are those who provide care and support for family members or friends who have a chronic illness, terminal illness, mental illness, disability or who are frail. Although carers often speak about how rewarding it is they are often quite reluctant to admit how tiring and stressful it can be.
The Greek Welfare Centre provides a monthly Carer Support Group for carers. The support group is an excellent opportunity for carers to have a break, socialise with other carers, access helpful information about available services and go on outings. The Centre also hosts an annual full day retreat option for carers. Respite can be provided for carers to attend the Group.
Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of IT!
- Introduction to computers
- Use of the Internet
- Social networking: Facebook and Skype
- Setting up an email account
- Google Earth/Maps
Facilitated by a qualified and passionate fitness instructor, we have 3 classes across Adelaide throughout the week designed to:
- Increase fitness and balance; improve your general health and well-being
- Improve mobility, flexibility, strength, stamina and bone density
- Decrease arthritic symptoms and falls
- Incorporates cultural music (Greek)
Download a copy of our flyer here: Exercise Groups
GWC Playgroup & Youth Dance Group
Enjoy the beautiful surrounds of the Adelaide Botanical Gardens and then relax with cup of coffee, a chat and an opportunity to socialise at the cafe Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am – 11:30am.
- Gentle exercise, social interaction, relaxed nature walk
Facilitated by a volunteer